Customer Service Topics
Uploading and Proofing
• Uploading Overview
Digital Design Guides
Configuring Mac OS X 10.6 and Safari browser for Bayard InSite
Instructions apply to Mac 10.6 only
InSite relies heavily on the popular Java utility to provide the two way communications for uploading files, reviewing approving job proofs. Therefore it is imperative that Java be setup properly so it is compatible with both InSite and your own computer.
To accomplish this your Mac computer must have Apple approved version of Java installed. At this time the latest apple fully approved version of Java is version 6 ( actual numeric designation 1.6 ). Java 6 comes preinstalled with Mac OS X 10.6, if you have not removed or upgraded Java or your Mac OS System past 10.6 you can skip to "Section B"
• For compatibility reasons please use Safari browser on the Mac platform
• When any standard "Trust " and "Allow" messages appear, be sure to reply affirmatively, allowing JAVA full access and communications with your system.
Section A - If you removed or upgraded Java 6 or your Mac 10.6 system proceed from here:
Java 6 Install Instructions for MacOS X 10.6 and Safari
1. Download and install " Java for OS X 2013-005" from the Apple website - CLICK HERE.
2. Double click the downloaded file named " JavaForOSX2013-05.dmg " ( usually found in your computers " Download Folder " ) and follow the prompts to install.
3. Immediately after installing the " Java for OS X 2013-005" update restart your computer.
4. Follow the instructions below to completely enable the Apple Java version 6 in your browser.
Section B - If you have not removed or upgraded Java 6 on your Mac10.6 computer proceed from here:
Setup Safari 5.1
1. Open "Safari Preferences" and click the "Security" .
3. "Block PopUp Windows" should be unchecked.
4. Under "Internet Plug-Ins", ensure "Allow Java" is checked.
5. Close "'Safari Preferences"
Testing Your Mac / Safari InSite Compatibility
Your Mac System should now be setup for full compatibility with InSite. To test it's compatibility follow the steps below:
1. Go to prepress.bayardprinting.com
2. On the Login page select the link " System Diagnostics " ( it is not necessary to login or have an account to perform this "System Diagnostic" test ).
3. A window will open prompting you that this process may take a minute or more. If you are prompted " "Accept a certificate" please click " Trust " if Prompted to " Allow an Applet from prepress.bayardprinting.com" please click "Allow ".
4. When the process is complete you will see the diagnostic for your system. It should clear your system for complete compatibility with InSite. Problems will appear as red type.
If you see any problems please contact: Pete Lamb, Bayard Digital Development at 570-288-9292 ex15 or email PLamb@bayardprinting.com for assistance.
Official Printer of the
Wilkes-Barre / Scranton Penguins
Click: Bayard eQuote
Bayard Printing Group | One Maynard Street | Williamsport, PA 17701 | Toll Free: 800-432-8738 | Fax: 570-323-8538
This site and it's contents are protected by United States and International copyright law. Reproduction in whole or in part is prohibited.
• FlipBook Publications
• FlipBook Demo
• Direct Mail / Web Response
• Direct Mail / Web Surveys